- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tb. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 baked and peeled sweet potatoes
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Prepare ahead: Baked two average-side sweet potatoes at 400 degrees F, for 45 minutes–or until soft. Cool completely. (I usually do this earlier in the week so I can make the souffles quickly when I’m ready.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and move the top rack down to the center. Butter and sugar 6 – 8 oz. ramekins and set them on a cookie sheet.
- Place the milk, pumpkin pie spice, egg yolks, flour, salt and sweet potato flesh in the blender. Blend on high until completely smooth. Then pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Rinse the blender jar with hot soapy water and dry thoroughly. Then place the egg whites, sugar and corn starch in the blender. Blend on a low setting until very frothy. (The egg white will not whip into a meringue because they will not get enough air in the blender, but “very frothy” will do the trick!)
- Pour the frothy egg whites over the sweet potato mixture and fold in.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared ramekins and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, until they rise high above the ramekins.
- Remove from the oven, dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.Preparation time: 5 minute(s)Cooking time: 25 minute(s)Number of servings (yield): 6
Note: she is using a professional grade Blendtec - not sure how a regular blender will fare.