Monday, November 5, 2012

Post Hurricane Sandy

Our electricity finally was restored about 1/2 hour ago.  Yay! Out since Monday, the 29th. Thank you, Sandy - I will ponder the gift you've given us with your presence.  But not tonight.

I've never been as happy to clean out the freezer as I was a few minutes ago. I'll tackle the fridge tomorrow - it's a bit past midnight here in NJ.

Pictures and acknowledgments of comments in the morning.  I'm looking at you, em.  Will also be looking forward to catching up on your blog and a few others.  Thank you for stopping by during my forced lull in posting!

And now, for your moment of Zen.


Nighty night.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad, first, that you're okay. And second that you survived without power all this time. (Those folks who work to get power back on are unsung heroes. I listened to something on NPR or somewhere awhile back. The guy said he'd worked something 14 or 16 hour days for weeks or even more than a month straight with no days off during a massive power outage. Ack.)

    Really glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Em - yes, those crews restoring power are amazing! I so appreciate all that they've done.

    Finally feeling relaxed enough to look at this blog - even though we were okay, the stress built up in my body which ached all day yesterday. Feeling much better today!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, look Toto - we have visitors!