Sunday, February 24, 2013

Today's Animal in Need

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Lonely Hearts Club Member: Michael: Currently the longest Zani's dog in boarding residence.

Lonely Hearts Club Interviewer: Michael, how long have you been in boarding?

Michael: It’s been over a year. I know the seasons have changed a LOT.

LHCI: What is the one main thing that you would like people to know about you?

Michael: If I ever find my owner, I will try my hardest to understand everything that they want me to do, and I will stay by their side, thick or thin. I'll never let them feel lonely.

LHCI: What are your best characteristics?

Michael: Well, people that know me say that I’m super sweet. I know a LOT of tricks and commands. I’m athletic, can even climb fences, and I’m a perfect gentleman with the lady dogs. ALSO, I understand English AND Espanol. So I'm kinda' worldly like that.

LHCI: What do people say are the characteristics that have prevented you from being adopted?

Michael: Well, I can be “unpredictable” with other male dogs. I just don’t always know what their intentions are, and if I smell something suspect, I want them to know I’m not gonna’ stand for any nonsense.

And I guess I have a high “prey instinct”, so I wouldn’t be a good match for a house with small animals or children (sigh).

I’ve even been known to go after something I saw moving, and people were afraid I was going to bite them. But I wasn’t. I just wanna' make sure there's no quick moving varmints about.

LHCI: What are you feeling right now?

Michael: I just wish someone would give me the chance to prove I can be a good, well trained boy.

I always think about the volunteer that comes to see me. She’s really nice. She says that if she could take me home, she would in a heartbeat. But she has a full house.

When I watch her leave, I always wonder if the dogs in her house know how lucky they are. I can still smell her after she leaves though, and that keeps me going.

It reminds me that somebody out there thinks I’m worth loving.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Michael is a 3 yo Mastiff/Am Staff neutered hound available for adoption via Zani's Furry Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, look Toto - we have visitors!