Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Another Animal in Need - Spring Equinox evening

Lucy Belle has a sad life but the right person can change that. She is owned by people who don't want her. They have tried many times to give her to their neighbor and told the neighbor she can find Lucy a new home.

Lucy's owners got a Golden Retriever and love her like crazy, have her in their home, and take her everywhere. They kicked Lucy Belle outside to live with no shelter at all. The neighbor has been putting Lucy in her own garage when it rains and is trying to keep her fed. She cannot take her because she has 9 cats that do NOT like dogs.

Lucy is about 3 yrs. old, loves to play ball and she loves people. She would be best in a home where the children are older simply because she is a large dog and could knock a toddler over.

Lucy seems fine with cats, too. The neighbor has never seen Lucy around other dogs. This poor sweet Border Collie mix seems pretty depressed currently because she is so isolated and nobody even acknowledges she exists other than this neighbor. Lucy is grateful for any attention she gets.

If you have room for Lucy in your life and can give her the love she craves please contact Abby (the neighbor) at Abby.Ruiz@xerox.com

Lucy is in the Austin area.

My first Border Collie was named Lucy and she was found by my neighbors. She was left in a parking lot at about 5 or 6 weeks old.  She sat on the man's foot and screamed, so they took her home.  Their dog, age 17, was agitated by this little puppy and they were going to take her to the pound.  Where she would be killed.

I saw her sitting so calmly in their parking area. I asked about her and he told me the story.  My then (now ex) husband flatly stated that we didn't need another dog - we had one already.

And then I pitched a fit to take this little girl.  And got her.

And she stayed with me for 17 1/2 years - during tumultuous times.  We relied on each other and supported each other.  She was what kept me sane.

Don't let Lucy be alone.  She needs a real home.  She is in the Austin, TX area and I am hoping that someone will see her, fall in love with her and keep her safe within their family.

***UPDATE: LUCY HAS TONS OF EMAILS AND A NEW HOME WILL BE CHOSEN FROM ONE OF THOSE. ABBY HAS ASKED THAT PEOPLE STOP SHARING AND EMAILING NOW AS HER INBOX AT WORK IS FLOODED AND SHE CAN'T KEEP UP. YAY!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR CARING ABOUT LUCY BELLE!!"****

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to write to her about Border Collie Rescue in Texas. They are there and they take mixes and they will make sure Lucy goes to a Border Collie fan who will take care of her.

    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em, for caring enough to write to the BC Rescue. I appreciate it so very much. I also sent my link to Austin Pets Alive, a No Kill Shelter in Austin and hope that they might be able to help, too. Thanks again. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Looks like there is a lot of networking for Lucy. I just read through the original link and she has a lot of interest. Austin Pets Alive just sent me a message thanking me - perhaps they will intervene and find Lucy a fantastic home.

    Thanks again, Em, for letting the woman know about the BC Rescue!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, look Toto - we have visitors!