Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12



This is the school picture of me in the first grade.  A bit tattered and wrinkled from being moved around.

Kind of like me today.  OK - I don't have that many wrinkles!

It's my birthday - I'm 63 years old when the clock reaches 9:36 pm.

There were times that I did not want to be living on Earth, but I wouldn't trade Life on Earth for anything right now.  In spite of everything, Life is Beautiful.

These were on Cloud Hands blog today and they're both perfect for my birthday.

"When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms."
-  Mary Oliver  

"The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people goin' by
I see friends shaking hands saying, "How do you do"
They're really saying "I love you."
I hear babies cry, I watch then grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know;
And I think to myself, What a wonderful world;
Yes, I think to myself, What a wonderful world.
Oh yeah!"
-  Louis Armstrong   

Happy birthday to me!

4 comments:

  1. Comments were not working for me yesterday! Arrrgghhhh!

    So. Happy, happy, happy birthday! I am very glad you were born!

    May it be a wonderful and wonder-filled year for you.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, look Toto - we have visitors!