Monday, October 1, 2012

Catechism for a Witch's Child




Catechism for a Witch's Child


When they ask to see your gods
your book of prayers
show them lines
drawn delicately with veins
on the underside of a bird's wing
tell them you believe 
in giant sycamores mottled
and stark against a winter's sky
and in nights so frozen
stars crack open spilling
streams of molten ice to earth
and tell them how you drink
a holy wine of honeysuckle
on a warm spring day
and of the softness
of your mother who never taught you
death was life's reward
but who believed in the earth
and the sun
and a million, million light years
of being


1986


6 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that was beautiful. I am enjoying perusing your blog. Your images have soul and invoke the power within.
    Peace
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn - I'm looking forward to reading your blog!

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful, i am enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog via Rebecca's blog and I just love everything I see and read here. I am also one of those who are not ready to leave Oz yet and so happy that I found your spot. blessings, Hettienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Hettienne - hoping we see more of each other in Oz!

      Delete

Oh, look Toto - we have visitors!